- “I was hooked from the very beginning till the very last page. Jacob knows how to build characters that you absolutely fall head over heels in love with, and secondary characters that give the book just what it needs. Just when I thought I had every thing figured out, he proved I didn’t. And when I finally did get to the end I was pissed, pissed that it was over. I wanted more, like NOW. All that I can say is can I have the next book, please. ‘Spell Bound’ is a fantastic start to a really intriguing series, its whimsical, and pure fun to read. It is one I know I will be re-reading many times.” 10 Pots of Gold
– Bethany from Rainbow Gold Reviews | Read the full review here.
- “Great start to a new series, definitely a must read for anyone that likes paranormal, romance, witches, magic and just a fun romantic story with an edge.” 5 Hearts
– Tams from MM Good Book Reviews | Read the full review here.
- “This book was packed with action, but never at the expense of the romance and relationship part. I loved Mason, he had a touch exterior but on the inside he’s caring and would walk through fire to protect the ones he loves. Or even the ones he hates, but are threatened. Mr. Flores shows he knows how teenagers act and think, yet makes his characters lovable and fun.” 5 Stars
– Marieke from Love Bytes Reviews | Read the full review here.
- “Once I read the description I had to have it. Let me tell you, you want this. This is the first time I’ve read a book by this author and I’m totally hooked. I really loved this book. I can’t wait to see how the story continues in book two. I’m looking forward not only to the rest of this series but also to other books by this author. You’re on the list sir!” 5 Lips
– J Steel from Book Whores United | Read the full review here.
- “Jacob Flores nails this….[He] has brought some interesting thoughts to bear as we follow the trail of bodies. Mason injects a humorously fun, self depreciating image of himself which tones down the blood and gore a bit! Mason’s quote of the day…. ‘Accidently turn yourself into a cockroach one time and no one lets you forget it.’ I am so glad this is a series as there are tons of things yet to write, and many characters I would love to see more of. Great job, Jacob. Thanks for your trip to The Dark Side. 5 Stars
– Gloria Larkitz from Paranormal Romance Guild | Read the full review here.
- “It’s my first book by this author and I can already tell it won’t be the last. It had action, adventure, magic, romance and a whole host of sexiness. The balance between romance, high school drama and a rampaging magical adventure was stunningly well crafted, well written and gripping from page one. What’s not to love?” 5 Stars
-Elaine from Divine Magazine | Read the full review here
- “I absolutely adored the characters, their chemistry and most of all the way the story played out. I cannot wait to read the next book . . . because I’m not done with this world just yet!” I Loved It!
– Nikyta from The Blogger Girls | Read the full review here.
- “This book is wonderful and will keep you on your toes from cover to cover, I love a book that does that! You will be enamored with this book and this family, and want to know even more (thank goodness this is book 1 in a series huh? :P). I can’t wait for you guys to read this.” 5 A&W Root Beer Rating (in honor of Mason)
– Becky from Bike Book Reviews | Read the full review here.
- “The paranormal stuff is outstanding in this book – magic everywhere! I love it when the author actually USES magic in their storylines rather than having the magic only be important as regards a ‘mate’ or significant other. The dramatic murders and that mystery move the story along quickly but don’t overshadow the romance. I was very impressed by this book and look forward to reading the next book SOON!” 5 Hearts
– Morgan from The Kimi-Chan Experience | Read the full review here.
- “I loved everything about this story, particularly the fact that at no point does the plot slow down or weaken. Spell-Bound is already listed as one of my favourite books of 2015 and I know that Jacob Z Flores is an author I will read more of very soon.” Highly Recommended
– Kirsty from Gay Guy Reading and Friends | Read the full review here.
- “It was interesting to see that Drake was the reason Mason was coming into his powers. He struggled to bring forth his powers on his own but whenever Drake was in danger, it was game on. I found that sweet and interesting. Drake and Mason have a lot of obstacles to face while trying to get to know each other. Nothing is ever dull when you’re a warlock.” Bad Ass Boots
– Kristy from 3 Chicks After Darks | Read the full review here.
- “I loved this book…. Read it. It’s a wonderful mix of young love, magic, and true love. Also, I’m dying for book two. Highly Recommended.” 4.5 Stars
– Crissy from Joyfully Jay | Read the full review here.
- “From the first page, Spell Bound by Jacob Z. Flores caught me up within it’s gripping storyline…. One of the reasons why I loved this book was the character of Mason himself. When Mason’s magic is not working, he feels inadequate. His family’s magic is strong and very powerful. I ended up loving the Blackmoor family and you will too. I cannot wait for their stories in this series. I highly recommend this book.” 4.5 Kisses
– Gabbilovestoread from Top2Bottom Reviews | Read the full review here.
- “This is only the second book I’ve read by this author – but it certainly won’t be the last. Here Jacob Z Flores has created a world which I already love…anyone who likes YA stories that have a fantasy/paranormal twist will like these. I love that whole it’s our world but with elements much of society doesn’t know about theme of books and TV and this embraces that genre so well. I can’t wait to read more of this series to see where it goes.” 4.5 Hearts
– Lorix from Boy Meets Boy Reviews | Read the full review here.
- “Spell Bound is a delicious appetiser for a new series, but it packed a punch on its own. I can easily recommend this book for a wonderful escape for a few hours, with the bonus of more to come.” 4 Stars
– Janet from The Novel Approach | Read the full review here.
- “The Blackmoor men are strong, proud warlocks whose magic they must guard from humans to remain undetected and continue guarding the ‘Gate’ – a responsibility they share with the other protector covens of Havenbridge. This is a story about loss, grief and healing. Both Mason and Drake are dealing with loss and together they realise that they can face anything. They both have a legacy to uphold and until now maybe hadn’t seen the light at the end of the tunnel. I LOVED Drake, he was a quiet unassuming beauty and he really did bring out the best in Mason (a pretty lovable dude too.) All round a deserving 4 Stars.”
– Judy from On Top Down Under | Read the full review here.
- Spell Bound is the first release in the new paranormal trilogy The Warlock Brothers of Havenbridge by Jacob Z. Flores. This was a first time read of this author for me and I’m glad to report I found it well written, fun and entertaining. New authors are always an uncertainty but the premise of this new trilogy caught my attention and I had to give it a try—and I’m glad I did. Truthfully, I can’t wait for the next one. 4 Nymphs
– Dragon Minx from Literary Nymphs | Read the full review here.
- “This was a wondeful read! I devoured it all in one day. So, here´s the deal, if you like wizards, and warlocks, and witches, and shifters and all magic creatures, you may totally enjoy this one.”
– Gaby from Boys in Our Books | Read the full review here.